|Recent Document History|
Hi everyone here is new tricks I’m going to show you how to disable the recent document history on your computer. This is a great thing if you don’t show your recent document history.
The bad thing about Recent Documents History is that Windows XP has to calculate what should be put there each time you boot Windows, which can slow things down.
1. At first open the Registry Editor by pressing “windows + R” then type “regedit” and then hit enter. (Select Start/Run, type regedit, and click OK).
2. Now go to “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer”.
3. And then Create a NoRecentDocsHistory D_WORD key [Right Click® New ®DWORD (32- Bit) Value] . Double-click the value to open it once it is created.
4. Set the Data Value to 1 to enable the restriction with hexadecimal.
5. Click OK and close the Registry Editor. You'll need to restart the computer for the change to take effect.
Note: If you want to enable recent document then go to “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer”. and delete “NoRecentDocsHistory” file that you have create and restart your computer.